Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A Dollie Hanukkah

  1. #1
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar
    I have a Lindsey dollie now and want her to celebrate her heritage and Hanukkah. I bought her a gold Star of David necklace as soon as I got her.

    I have since gotten the AG Hanukkah accessories; which BTW, AG still sells online for only $14. This accessory set is $24.99 on Ebay.

    Anyway...I know there are Jewish collectors on HB, so please can you tell me how use the accessory set correctly.

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] prasnlrd in CA. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now that you have Lindsey and the Hanukkah accesories, she'll need the proper holiday dress. My Lindsey has this one, and it is GREAT!
    http://www.dollcloset.com/Hanukkah_P...irl_Dolls.html

    Here is a link for the dreidel game:
    http://www.torahtots.com/holidays/chanuka/dreidel.htm

    And here is a link for how to light the menorah:
    http://www.theholidayspot.com/hanukkah/menorah.htm

    One of my best friends is a Messianic Jew, and I spent a weekend during Hanukkah with her at a dog show. Each night, she would call her husband at sundown. She would sing the Hebrew songs she learned as a child while he lit the candles at home. I have no idea what she said in these songs or in her Hebrew prayers, but man... what a cool, cool experience. That's why I had to have all of the accessories for Lindsey.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I took Marisol and turned her "Jewish"-I renamed her Madeline Rae and bought the Hanukah accessories. I have her with the Star of David Necklace on, and set her up in the Hanukah Outfit-with the Hanukah accessories by her side.

    My family is Jewish-and I love Hanukah. I set up the menorah with the 8 candles-plus the shamash, more so because I didn't want to lose any of the candles. I also have her holding the dreidel and the bag of gelt.

    *grins*

    -Jordyn

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ubarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2003
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This site has a lot of information

    Hanukah Customs

  5. #5
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you! What a fabulous response and my dollie will definately have a Happy Hanukkah!

    Shalom!
    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] prasnlrd in CA. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    *Marisol_Grace_Girl*
    Guest *Marisol_Grace_Girl*'s Avatar

    Post

    Al shlosha
    d'varim hao lam kayam,
    al' ha e met v'al hadin,
    al shlosha
    ha shalom ha shalom.

    -Katya, proffesional chorist

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Katya, pardon my ignorance but my language fluency does not get nearly as far as yours! Could you provide a translation?
    Thanks so very much!
    Ana [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats my one biggest regret about being Jewish is not being able to speak the language fluently. Or at all. Hebrew School was more in preparation of my bat mitzvah, not conversational Hebrew.

    My family is from Israel to-my mom can read Hebrew and understand it but can't speak it fluently.

    *sighs*

    -Jordyn

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ubarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2003
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by *Marisol_Grace_Girl*:
    Al shlosha
    d'varim hao lam kayam,
    al' ha e met v'al hadin,
    al shlosha
    ha shalom ha shalom.

    -Katya, proffesional chorist
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rough translation:

    Upon three things the world stands truth, justice and peace.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •